Diabetes is a metabolic disease that causes high blood sugar. The hormone insulin moves sugar from the blood into your cells to store or use it for energy. With diabetes, your body either doesn’t make enough insulin or can’t effectively use the insulin it does make.
People with diabetes are considered high risk because their defenses are lowered and this has to do with the effect that glucose has within their cells.
Patients with more than 130 milligrams of glucose must take precautions of healthy distance and sanitation to avoid complications.
When people with diabetes develop a viral infection, it can be more difficult to treat due to fluctuations in blood glucose levels and possibly the presence of complications from diabetes.
Diabetes and high glucose levels cause increased complications, inflammation of the respiratory tract, and mortality in hospitalized patients with COVID-19.
- Pay special attention to your glucose control.
- Any infection will raise your glucose levels and increase your need for fluids, so make sure you can access a sufficient supply of water. Stay hydrated.
- Make sure you have a good supply of the diabetes medications you need. Experts recommend people with diabetes prepare for possible infection by purchasing a 90-day supply of insulin.
- Make sure you can correct the situation if your blood glucose drops suddenly.
- Make sure you have access to enough food.
- Stay home.
Beyond insulin, people with diabetes should pay special attention to washing hands thoroughly, disinfecting surfaces, practicing social distancing, and self-isolating as much as possible. As well as doubling down on efforts to achieve good glucose control.
Isolation can promote a lack of physical activity and depression, so it is recommended to do exercises at home and aerobic and muscle-strengthening activities.
Exercise increases insulin sensitivity and helps your muscles pick up sugars from the blood. This can lead to reduced blood sugar levels.
Supplements to regulate blood sugar levels
dimuSAN is a natural dietary supplement which help to reduce insulin resistance. It helps regulate blood sugar levels in a healthy way.